Other Tellurian Storylines:
As an extreme example of nerddom, I play Dungeons and Dragons by myself. (It's either that, or not play at all.) My true love is world-building. I spend hours creating geography, histories, calendars, characters, general plotlines, and rule variants. But I do get around to actually playing once in a while, which is the whole point. It's a bit of a schizophrenic experience, being PC, NPC, and DM all at once, but I do okay.
This page serves to document only my main storyline, not the entire world of Tellure. The notes here started out as occasional highlight descriptions in emails to a couple friends (reconstructed now into vol. 0s), then a period of stand-alone emails documenting the experience (vols. 1 - 5, trying to hit a stride), and finally just this site. Most of it is probably mind-numbingly boring, but feel free to wander around.
- Strohm -- male Makaneth warrior
- Boren -- male dwarf cleric
- vol 0a: Meetings (Nov 04)
- Introductions on the pass; a first dungeon; rescue of Luceo and Sarah; to Hope Springs.
The Trouble with Orcs
- vol 0b: Plague of Durik's Pass (Feb 05)
- To Durik's Pass; entering the silver mine to find the source of a plague; pinned down by kobold fire.
- vol 0c: Cursed Depths of the Mine (Sept 05)
- Assaulting the ledge; the hot bowels of the mine; defeating Jakk, last of the Torn Claw orcs; bedrest recovery.
- vol 0d: The Ogre's Stairwell (Sept 05)
- Sarah and Luceo protect the local inn from orc looters.
- vol 0e: Trouble in the Pass (Oct 05)
- The dangerous journey to Gitteras.
Dead of Winter
- vol 1a: Into the Cold (Nov 05)
- To El Dorado; meeting Lord Khulvan; a river boat up the Tarn; orc ambush; cold snap; Cador.
- vol 1b: Cold Deception (Nov 05)
- Betrayal by the guide Venya; ambush; Sarah nurses the enemy.
- vol 1c: Walking the Path of the Dead (Nov 05)
- Reaching the Alvorin; the Path of the Dead; the Oracle, and four fates; joining the tribe.
- vol 2: Attack on Shaman's Crown (Dec 05)
- Alvorin discussions; to Shaman's Crown with Strohm; a battle with Morgrissa and Barrath; Invellios blinded; dealing with prisoners; owlbear attack on the way back to Cador.
- vol 3: Winter Fallout (Feb 06)
- Arrests in Cador; to El Dorado; the trials of Venya, Morgrissa, Cordwellyn, and their men; Sarah's disillusionment; return to Tarn; becoming Alvorin; a bit of downtime.
- vol 4: Among the Trees of Selil-Lelal (Mar 06)
- The party splits as Invellios joins Luceo in his quest for the First Cryptical Book of Hsan; traveling south past the Grihm; saved from orcs by Dea; the rescue of a dryad's tree; reaching the tunnels beneath the Plains.
- vol 5: The Library of Nuchal (Jun 06)
- Dea leaves Invellios and Luceo to travel through the tunnels to the City of the Dead; the discovery of the tomb of Nuchal; a strange book; Luceo's madness begins.
- vol 6: Madness Beneath the Pylon (Jun 06)
- Invellios abandons Luceo; reconsidering; Invellios and Dea return; Dea passes through the City of the Dead to the Pylon; the recovery of mad Luceo; escaping the tunnels.
- vol 7: The Wishing Well (Jun/Oct 06)
- Terrors of the Selil; to the Wishing Well; Invellios faces the trials; the shifting wish-giver; recovery; across the Haran; safe in Celidor.
- vol 8: Moutain Flight (Oct 06)
- Meanwhile, Rorik, Sarah and Strohm await orders in Cador; to El Dorado; accosted in the street; Allayn's trade caravan; seer's tidings; pursued into the mountains; facing Dominique; a long mountain trek to Mor Dankil.
- vol 9: Three Delves (Feb/Mar 07)
- Mor Dankil; refused passage through Celidor; spying on Mor Dunehaim; intel from a half-orc; Mor Golen; Rorik is reunited with Boren; dwarven politics; all our heroes are reunited; Rorik's proposal; Boren's choice.
- vol 10: The Glitterhame (May/Jun 07)
- To Mor Dunehaim; down the back way; a roper; through the storerooms; the Glitterhame caverns; dark undead and foul vermin; a foreboding cold.
- vol 11: The Clanholds (Jun 07; Mar/Jun 08; Apr 09)
- The oppressive darkness; tomb motes; an allip; shadows; an unlikely ally.
Next vol: The Mountain Door